One of our key roles as Governors is to monitor that the school is doing what it is required to. Some of the areas such as safeguarding (child protection) and Special Educational Needs (SEN) are statutory. Others are linked to specific development areas identified from school data or the School Improvement Plan.
Annual Governance Statement
2015/2016 was particularly busy. Although we have a large governing body, 4 of the 9 governors had less than one year’s service. Our new governors fitted into the team extremely well, attending school events and social evenings to build effective relationships.
Some of the key challenges and focus areas for the year were:-
- Inducting and supporting three new governors
- Strengthen and develop formative assessment as the teaching method
- Use and understanding of the new assessment without levels system
- Improve progress and attainment for disadvantaged pupils (Pupil Premium / SEND / LAC / Hard to Reach)
- Raise attendance of pupils
- Working closer with our collaborative network, WRAP
Read the full annual governance statement GB-Structure-Chart-2016-2017-updated-May
Download a copy of our responsibilities