PRIORY INFANT SCHOOL
Information about Severe Weather Conditions
School will stay open if at all possible even when there is severe weather such as deep/drifting snow, icy conditions, very high winds or widespread flooding.
If you can get your child to school safely you should.
You must telephone the school if your child is going to be absent due to severe conditions making the journey unsafe. If your child has a medical condition or disability your decision to take the journey must take this into consideration. Please consider carefully and only keep children at home if conditions are unsafe.
On very rare occasions, for Health and Safety reasons the school may have to close:
- We will put a message on the following website www.kentclosures.co.uk and parents will need to check here regularly to keep them up-to-date, before leaving home.
- The local radio stations will use this website to keep them up to date for their bulletins so please listen to the local stations.
- Parents can also register for alerts via email (free) or SMS (20p and the standard network charge) on www.kentclosures.co.uk. This means once registered you will receive text or email information about Priory Infants weather condition closures – this will save you having to keep accessing the website.
- Priory’s own Parent Texting Service will be used on a day-to-day basis if the school needs to close.
- If the school decides on an early closure due to deteriorating weather conditions we will inform parents via text on the day.
- If conditions worsen in the school day and parents feel it is absolutely necessary to collect children early please contact the school office before collecting your child/ren. Please avoid collecting children before the end of the day unless you feel that your travel arrangements make it essential.
Please ensure your son/daughter is appropriately clothed for cold/wet/windy weather and that shoes/boots have good grip for icy conditions.